Saturday, January 1, 2011

More Stuff I Made



So I continue to have no time on my hands. It's New Years Day and my boys are all outside playing in the big fat snowflakes that are falling down....and I really want to join them. But I also wanted to wish all of you who may still read this a very Happy New Year and post a few other things I made, because, frankly, nobody around here is much impressed!
 So....

OK, totally kidding. I didn't make that one. But thrifted it! For THREE DOLLARS! I know, right! 


 But I did sew this robe (sorry no time to edit and rotate). Using my first ever bought pattern. I'm so proud. And the little guy loves it. And it was good timing because Joann's McCalls patterns went on sale for $.99. I bought 8 and my receipt said I saved $129 - sweet.




And then there was this ball. With that Alexander Henry fabric I love, and some bee-inspired fabric that was on sale at Joanns too. I had big plans to make a big version of this ball, but could not BELIEVE the amount of stuffing just this little guy took! I scrapped the big ball idea. Oh, and a great note I found on my search for fabric ball tutorials...cut the fabric on the bias and you don't end up with pumpkiny shaped balls. 

And that's all I got for now. I'm gonna make some placemat aprons (courtesy of this tutorial over at MADE) for my best friends little girl whom I've decided will be the recipient of all things girly that I just cannot resist making. 

Much love to you and yours and best wishes for the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE to hear your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails