Monday, May 10, 2010

Goodwill Hunting

So much has gone on this weekend, I have stuff to talk about for days. We just put my Sister in law and Mother in law on the plane and had a trip to Goodwill, so since it was a fun trip and is fresh in my mind we'll talk about that.

Today I wished I had a vintage store on etsy. There was a cream colored vintage chenille bedspread I hope finds a happy home, and the books just would not quit. Some of them are mine now:


Also a naturalist book from the 40s and Rowdy got a Boy Scouts Handbook - it teaches you to make a backpack out of your jeans, now that is impressive. I'm excited to learn crochet techniques and branch out from my endless circle making, and that bag is full of nice embroidery floss for my budding embroidery obsession. But I'd like to focus on that crazy pink one there in the middle. It's my new sewing book. 

Its apparently part of a really brightly colored Time Life series. Its titled "The Art of Sewing/The Classic Techniques". It has some very helpful and basic information on pages like this:



Then it shows the potential fruit of your labor on pages like this:



This picture brings to mind the oil baron's daughter that Bud (John Travolta) cheats on Sissy (Debra Winger) with in Urban Cowboy:



I don't know, I almost feel guilty because some person capable of actually sewing clothes, and in love with styles of the 70s is probably the rightful owner of this book - let me know if you are that person or know who that person is, we can work something out. 

Today is my furlough day so I'm just sort of sitting around staring at the walls while the rest of the family naps. Its a howling wind kind of day, the house is a mess, and I'm experiencing the post - really fun weekend with family visiting and now they're gone and it's back to reality blues. I'll dive into a mountain of laundry here in a bit and that ought to cheer me up. 

Hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE to hear your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails