Well, I've not been posting for a few days because I have been hard at work on the details involved in opening my etsy store along with the usual keeping-the-home-running stuff.
I still have a list of things to do a mile long, but here are some of the things I've accomplished:
- I downloaded Gimp, a photo editing program which is similar to photoshop. It is dang complicated, but I did manage to stumble through making a new banner for my shop with a font that matches my labels. You can check it out here: http://www.earthboundbaby.etsy.com/
- In related news, I downloaded the aforementioned font
from www.urbanfonts.com It's great.
- Inspiration struck again and I am making a new screen for printing "Earthbound" differently on the front of the shirts. Figure I'll list it as an option and see which is more popular.
- I took photos of the shirt as well as pictures showing the two colors available. I used diffuse indoor light, and I think they turned out well:
I feel like it shows the colors accurately and especially how nice and soft the cotton is.
- Most exciting of all, I made my own labels! I found a program for labels in Word and typed them up in the font I downloaded. I then cut out an 8.5 by 11 inch piece of freezer paper which I ironed on to a piece of muslin. Cut out the muslin
and sent it through my printer. Printed out the labels onto my muslin and voila:
I'm thinking I won't have to buy anymore labels! These will go on pants and stuff I plan to knit with the modal/cotton and organic cotton yarn I got from knit picks.
So I better get back to work, but I'll be in touch soon!