How fun is this! A fellow blogger over at The Story of Kat enjoys my blog and passed on an award to me!
It means a lot because Kat is a great writer. She also makes and finds some beautiful goodies to sell in her etsy stores: geschichtenvonkat and purlsandlace
This came at a great time, Kat, thank you so much. I was feeling pouty and pathetic this morning, thinking my blog is sucky, my writing is sucky, I don't know what to write about, waah waah waah. And then I got this, which is not only a great pat on the back to know that you enjoy my sordid tales, but it also came with something to write about: 7 things you didn't know about me!
And I will be passing this award on to the following seven bloggers, whose blogs I enjoy reading myself. If you're on this list, just copy and paste the award image and pass it on to seven more bloggers. If you don't feel like it, no hard feelings! Just so long as you know I appreciate your writing and/or your creations!
So. Seven things you don't know about me. Considering my following is comprised mostly of family members and the fact that I'm a really lousy secret keeper, this is not such an easy task. Here goes:
- I count stairs. I think it's a mild case of OCD. It has no purpose, but I count them as I go up, not so much when I go down though.
- When I was younger I bit the foot off of Malibu Barbie b/c she was mean to Western Barbie and I didn't think it was fair that she be mean to Western Barbie just because she was prettier (I'd recently chopped Western's hair off into a mohawk and dyed it with food coloring and may have been feeling a little guilty)
- I will never intentionally turn on "The Simpsons" but I enjoy it quite a bit when it is on because somebody else has decided to watch it. Same goes for movies in black and white.
- I have to remind myself to stop worrying and that everything happens as it is supposed to happen a million times a day. I should take up Buddhism and get it over with.
- I spent tens of thousands of dollars on a degree in International Relations, Law and Organization, and have absolutely no understanding of politics, international relations, law, or organization.
- I am going grey and I'm only 33 and it's not fair and my vanity is suffering from it but I'm too lazy to dye it myself and can't justify the $165 cut and dye at the Aveda salon which is the only place I'll go.
- I opened my etsy shop.
- I'm very slowly teaching myself (via internet tutorials) to crochet. I always thought it produced ugly old lady stuff, but recently my eyes have been opened to how beautiful and lacy things can turn out. I'll let you know how it goes.