Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Things You Didn't Know About Me

How fun is this! A fellow blogger over at The Story of Kat enjoys my blog and passed on an award to me!
It means a lot because Kat is a great writer. She also makes and finds some beautiful goodies to sell in her etsy stores: geschichtenvonkat and purlsandlace


This came at a great time, Kat, thank you so much. I was feeling pouty and pathetic this morning, thinking my blog is sucky, my writing is sucky, I don't know what to write about, waah waah waah. And then I got this, which is not only a great pat on the back to know that you enjoy my sordid tales, but it also came with something to write about: 7 things you didn't know about me!
And I will be passing this award on to the following seven bloggers, whose blogs I enjoy reading myself. If you're on this list, just copy and paste the award image and pass it on to seven more bloggers. If you don't feel like it, no hard feelings! Just so long as you know I appreciate your writing and/or your creations!
So. Seven things you don't know about me. Considering my following is comprised mostly of family members and the fact that I'm a really lousy secret keeper, this is not such an easy task. Here goes:
  • I count stairs. I think it's a mild case of OCD. It has no purpose, but I count them as I go up, not so much when I go down though.
  • When I was younger I bit the foot off of Malibu Barbie b/c she was mean to Western Barbie and I didn't think it was fair that she be mean to Western Barbie just because she was prettier (I'd recently chopped Western's hair off into a mohawk and dyed it with food coloring and may have been feeling a little guilty)
  • I will never intentionally turn on "The Simpsons" but I enjoy it quite a bit when it is on because somebody else has decided to watch it. Same goes for movies in black and white.
  • I have to remind myself to stop worrying and that everything happens as it is supposed to happen a million times a day. I should take up Buddhism and get it over with.
  • I spent tens of thousands of dollars on a degree in International Relations, Law and Organization, and have absolutely no understanding of politics, international relations, law, or organization.
  • I am going grey and I'm only 33 and it's not fair and my vanity is suffering from it but I'm too lazy to dye it myself and can't justify the $165 cut and dye at the Aveda salon which is the only place I'll go.
  • I opened my etsy shop.
  • I'm very slowly teaching myself (via internet tutorials) to crochet. I always thought it produced ugly old lady stuff, but recently my eyes have been opened to how beautiful and lacy things can turn out. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - I feel very honored to be chosen! Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - LOVE the Western Barbie story! Oh and email me at jlanenh@comcast.net and I'll send you the info on how to link (it's super easy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessica! I'm all "in the know" now about linking. So easy! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for everything Dylan!

    ^_____^

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your sordid tales! :) there's a lot of content out there in blogland but i just love reading your stories, they are so personable and funny.

    p.s. started teaching myself crochet a while back too. do you know about ravelry.com? TONS of free *not old lady* patterns and forums where you can ask questions and get help. my screenname there is kitkat.82

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, Kat, I love ravelry - it just saved me with a pair of pants I'm knitting and is the source of my crochet interest. Such beautiful stuff on there! Haven't been around for a while though as I have such a ton of projects lined up. I seem to mostly go there to find a bunch of patterns and then get overwhelmed by my queue (I have NO clue if I just spelled that correctly) I can't even remember my name on there, it is either dylan1984 or catd5b :-) I've not been organized enough to post any projects. Looking forward to seeing what you've done over there though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE to hear your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails