Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hippity Hop, Hippity Hop Easter's On It's Way! Beautiful Silk-Dyed Eggs

Never cared much for Easter. It was fun and all, but I always had this lingering anxious feeling about it. I think due to the Easter Egg Hunt. Too many other kids, too much comptetition to find the money egg,. We pretty much wanted each other to just disappear off the face of the earth so we had no more competition, yet we were all dressed up like little angels and expected to act accordingly. It didn't make sense I guess. I think I only did the dressing up thing once or twice, but it made an impression. Anyway, I'm digressing from my main point, which is holy cow look at these GORGEOUS eggs!



They are silk-dyed with scraps of thrift store silk! You can buy a kit from this lovely shop on etsy: http://www.thejunebride.etsy.com/ Or you can find your own scraps, as the wonderful shop keeper notes, she even generously provided these Martha Stewart directions that inspired the etsy listing: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/silk-tie-easter-eggs

Me and Willie had a great time last year, dying eggs with vegetable dyes we made ourselves, so I think this year we'll try this out. Its gonna be much less messy. Since we have some fantastic thrift stores in our area, I'm planning to find our own silk. It's a gamble though, b/c if I don't these etsy kits may have sold out. She has them up for a fabulous price of $10.50 and free shipping in the U.S. so I'm torn. But I love a good thrift store trip, so I'm going for it.

I think I'm totally into Easter as a grown up person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE to hear your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails